Here are the last 20 ways to look like you’re working, in case you have some skeptical critics in your life. Whew! Didn’t think I could come up with them all, did you? 😉 That’s okay. I didn’t either!
I have enjoyed sending these ideas to you, and hope some of them are useful in your writing life. In no special order, here are the last 20:
81. Do some crossword or Sudoku puzzles to keep the mind sharp
82. Weed out old items from your office to reduce clutter
83. Recycle older paper versions of your various projects
84. Delete old files from the computer and file drawer
85. Especially if you’re a writer, find exercises you like, since writing is a mostly sitting down activity
86. Write your own biography starting with childhood
87. Write about your favorite characters and why you like them so much
88. Write a filler article for a magazine you subscribe to
89. Read through a current writing magazine and take note of new markets, editors or genres you’d like to try
90. Flip through a market guide and read the listings
91. Thank your family and friends for sticking by you in your endeavors
92. Find something else creative to work on for a while like painting, scrapbooking or furniture restoring
93. Do the crossword or wordsearch in the newspaper
94. Find one other writer you can email weekly writing goals with
95. Make a necklace out of paper clips
96. Cut words out from magazines and write a poem with them for a child or friend
97. Write an acrostic with the letters in your name
98. Choose a pseudonym in case you need one later on
99. Send me some of your ideas…..
100! And of course, the number 100 way to look like you’re working—- is to WRITE! Anything! Any type! Any genre!